Maintaining an online presence through your organization’s website has been a requirement for any serious business concern since the mid-1990s. Likewise, having your website available in the languages of your target markets is a prerequisite to achieving success on a global scale. Exhaustive industry research has demonstrated that clients are far more likely to purchase a product or service from a company whose website has been localized in the target audience’s native language than if available in one language only.
Website localization is the process of adapting your current website content into the language and culture of the market you are trying to sell in. While English is the undisputed language of international business, it is not the native language of the majority of internet users. Realizing this early on, Interpro began providing turnkey website localization services in the most popular languages in use on the internet starting in 1995. Our comprehensive service offering includes translation of all static and database-driven web content, navigation items, banners, graphics, and video components.
Multilingual Website Translation Methodology
Interpro’s resources, tools, experience, and methodologies ensure that your multilingual web presence will effectively project your company’s image in any language. From start to finish, we make the entire process simple and efficient for our clients.
Our flexible web localization methodology utilizes best global practices together with conventional web publishing technology and Content Management System (CMS) integration to ensure linguistic as well as functional accuracy. Interpro offers both traditional and SaaS localization options, enabling us to customize a solution to fit each client’s unique requirements.
Our technical capabilities and experienced staff allow us to tackle localization of websites having varying degrees of complexity, including web-based applications and database-driven eCommerce websites. We have a long and successful track record in executing high-volume website projects that require translation into multiple languages simultaneously.
Our goal is to customize a solution specific to your website and to your company’s needs. To that end, our solutions allow for a seamless translation process for both the initial translation effort and any subsequent updates of new and/or changed content.
Consistency and accuracy are key components of website localization, so we understand the importance of developing glossaries for your website’s lexicon, as well as utilizing translation memory technology in order to manage the entire process. Comprising the most up-to-date industry terminology, your glossary can be approved by in-country experts designated by you in order to satisfy their terminological preferences before the translation of your content even begins.
After the localization of your website content is completed, an online quality assurance check of the localized site is done prior to final delivery.
Website Translation Workflow
Traditional translation process
- Source language website files sent to Interpro
- Engineer / prepare files for localization
- Scope analysis (price and turnaround)
- Translation / Revision / Proofreading
- Target language files sent to client for staging
- Online QA
- Implement modifications in files
- Deliver final target language files
SaaS translation process
- Source language content posted
- Scope analyzed automatically (price and turnaround)
- Translation / Revision / Proofreading
- Changes dynamically published
Updating Your Multilingual Website
Your website – both its content and design – is going to evolve as a result of changes in your industry, the growth of your business, and the needs of your target audience. However, this doesn’t mean starting from scratch and completely retranslating your entire site every time content is modified, added, or removed. Interpro offers two different options for processing updates to your website once the initial localization has been done.
- Conventional option
- The conventional option allows clients to have us update the changed content once finalized. We take the file containing the modified content, analyze it against the Translation Memory we have developed for you during the initial website localization effort, and identify and translate the changes to existing content as well as any new content. The updated file is then sent back to you in the same format as it was sent to us.
- Technology-based option
- The technology-based option completely eliminates the need to send files. Instead, anytime you make a change to your website, whether that involves a modification, an addition or a removal of content on any page, we receive notification, triggering the update process.
If you’re unsure of the option best suited to your requirements, let us help. We will work with you to develop a customized approach for the initial localization of your site, as well as ensuring the most optimal methodology for keeping it updated to match your source-language website. Whether you are experienced in website localization or this is your first effort, our job is to make it as seamless as possible.
You work hard growing your business. Let us help you grow it successfully – on a global scale.
We are proficient in the latest authoring tools to ensure consistency and quality throughout your translation project. Some of the more popular file and format types that we work with include: