Video Translation & Video Transcription
Employ video translation to remove the language barriers between you and your audience. Whether it’s adding foreign language subtitles, creating voiceovers for your existing video, an entirely new video with native-speaking actors, or a mix of something in between, Interpro can help with your video translation needs.
Video translation could:
- increase traffic and leads by up to 87%.
- improve revenue by up to 40% with better eLearning programs.
Ensure your audience understands the content. A good video translation can exponentially increase the ROI of your video strategy. A bad video translation throws money away.
Why Invest in Video Translation
- Workers understand and remember training videos in their native language better – even if they are multilingual.
- More than half of consumers say getting product information in their native language is more important than the product’s price.
- Free video translation apps translate words without consideration for cultural context, resulting in amateurish and even disastrous translation gaffes.
Video Translation Using Subtitles
Subtitles are a popular method of video translation. Subtitling is less expensive than voiceover production and maintains aspects of the original audio you may want to keep, like background noises or laughter.
Videos best suited to subtitles are short and don’t contain on-screen graphics or visual demonstrations – reading subtitles and watching a demo at the same time is too much for most viewers. A good video translation is more about conveying the right idea than translating exact words. To keep subtitles brief, relevant, and easy to read, your translator might choose shorter phrases or different idioms. Those human touches are the difference between an engaging video that makes a point and a confusing video that viewers give up on before it’s finished.
Video Translation with Voiceover Recording
Voiceover recording is the gold standard in video translation. Viewers don’t have to read fast to understand the video. They can catch visual cues like body language, and it’s easier to keep track of multiple speakers.
A voiceover video translation also makes the content more accessible when viewed on a mobile device, where subtitles may take up most of the screen or appear so tiny they’re hard to read.
Professionally produced voiceover recording matches the pace of the visuals to give the audience a seamless video translation that feels tailored to them. At Interpro, we choose native speakers whose tone, pitch, and pacing match the style of the original video, preserving the message and the mood.
The Real Cost of ‘Free’ Video Translation Apps
Many free or low-cost services promise fast, cheap video translation using A.I. Be wary – the old idiom “you get what you pay for” definitely applies.
Artificial intelligence can’t grasp the subtleties that make human language so rich – and that makes a phrase innocent in one language horrifying in another.
Working with an experienced global translation partner means your video translation will convey the message you meant to share with your audience. The upfront cost is nothing compared to the expense of a damaged reputation or an accidentally offensive translated ad campaign.
Our Video Translation Process
Interpro has a long and successful history of video translation and localization. Our time-tested process was developed and delivered in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 and 17100:2015 standards for guaranteed high-quality results.
- You provide the video transcript, if available. If there is no script, we’ll transcribe the video. Transcription is performed by a native speaker of the source language, who will note not only what is said, but the number, gender, and tone of the speakers to ensure the video translation preserves the feel of the original.
- Our expert linguists translate the script, paying attention to localization and cultural meaning.
- You approve the translated video script.
- The script is recorded by native speakers in our voiceover studio or turned into subtitles by our technical team.
- The voiceover audio or subtitles are synced with the video so the words and images make sense together.
- The video translation is finished and validated.
- You receive a high-quality video translation you can use with confidence.
Looking for a translation agency you can partner with? Learn how you can leverage Interpro’s experience for the best translations for the price.
Supported Languages for Video Translation
Interpro has the resources and experience to translate between virtually any existing modern language, including:
- Traditional and Simplified Chinese
- Latin American and European Spanish
- Brazilian and European Portuguese
- Any other modern language
Supported Video Formats
Interpro is proficient in all the latest and most common authoring tools. Some formats we often work with include:
- Adobe After Effects (.ape)
- Adobe Premiere (.ppj, .prpoj)
- FinalCut Pro (.fcpx)
- Apple Quicktime (.mov)
- MPEG-2 Audio Layer III (.mp3)
- MPEG-4 Part 14 (.mp4)
- Waveform Audio File Format (.wav)
- Windows Media Video (.wmv)
If you’re investing in video content and not in video translation, you’re leaving audiences in the cold and money on the table. Whether you want to train a remote workforce, launch a product in a new market, or get deeper market penetration right here in the U.S., localized, high-quality video translation lets you make the most of your existing content.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help you connect your message with more people.
Video Translation FAQ
- Can I use an online tool for video translation?
Human language is full of nuances that A.I.-powered tools just can’t grasp. Word-for-word translations rarely convey the same meaning as the original message. An innocent phrase in one region of the world could be highly offensive in another. In addition, A.I. video translations often introduce grammatical errors that make your business look cheap and unprofessional. We recommend human translators to avoid the high costs of offending or putting off your audience.
- How do I make a video translation?
Our video translation process is done for you, beginning to end. We’ll check in with you throughout the project to make sure branded messaging, pronunciations, and other important proprietary content is correctly conveyed.
- How many languages can I translate my video into?
Interpro provides video translation into virtually every modern language in existence – as well as translating videos from those languages into English.
- Do I need to transcribe my video before translation?
If you already have a script file, we’ll start from that. If not, our native speakers will transcribe the video for you. Besides getting all the words down, our transcript will note important information such as the number, gender, and tone of voices and any on-screen text that also requires translation.
- How long does it take to finish a video translation?
We appreciate as much lead time as you can give us, but we understand that some projects are urgent and we prioritize them accordingly. Because of our rigorous process to ensure quality translations, timelines can vary depending on factors such as:
- the length of the video,
- whether you choose to add captions or voiceovers,
- the number of speakers in the video, and
- the number of languages required.