Using accurate and up-to-date terminology when translating any type of content is of critical importance toward ensuring the quality of the target-language content, and acceptance by your intended audience.
Oftentimes, a glossary of source and target language terms does not exist for content which is to be translated into one or more languages. Interpro offers comprehensive multilingual glossary development for those projects that would benefit from them prior to beginning the actual translation phase.
Once the glossaries have been translated, our clients have the option to review them using sources within their own organizations, or through overseas affiliates or distributors who are subject-matter experts and knowledgeable in terminology specific to your industry. Interpro will work with client-appointed reviewers to ensure that the glossaries are approved to their satisfaction. This will ensure that any preferential suggestions made by your team will be resolved at the outset, before the actual translation process begins.
Foundation for a quality translation
For all key terminology, Interpro works with each client in order to design the most appropriate process for ensuring that the corresponding target language terms developed by Interpro are acceptable:
- Any previous translations (if existing) and glossaries provided by the client are reviewed by Interpro's linguistic teams in order to gain familiarity with any established terms, as well as to ensure they contain no translation, grammatical, or spelling errors.
- New terms requiring clarification are discussed between Interpro linguists and the appropriate contact person assigned by the client.
- Source and target-language glossaries comprising the most up-to-date industry terms and standards are developed.
- Approved glossaries are imported into the client’s Translation Memory for use by their assigned linguistic teams.
- On-going glossary usage is managed with professional terminology management and translation memory tools in order to maintain consistency from project to project.
As with all of the services we offer, Interpro's Glossary Development services adhere to ISO 9001:2015 and 17100:2015 standards, emphasizing consistency, quality, reusability, and rapid time to market.
- Using a combination of statistical (based on term frequency) and bilingual concordance, which shows the occurrence of the term in context, Interpro linguists will develop a source-language side and target-language side glossary of any existing translated content provided by the client.
- The same technology will be used to extract frequently-occurring terms on new source content to be translated, which will be flagged for glossary development by our linguists.
- Accurate, industry-accepted translations will be provided for the new terms by our lexicographers, and communicated to the client’s linguistic reviewer for feedback and approval.
- Any reviewer changes and preferences are incorporated in the updated glossary.
- The updated glossary of source and target terms is imported into the client’s Translation Memory for use by all Interpro translators, revisers, and proofreaders assigned to the client team.
Establishing a baseline of standardized, approved glossaries of your key terminology and making it available to translators at the outset is essential for ensuring consistency, efficiency, and complete satisfaction with the end product. Please contact us to set up a discussion concerning how glossary development represents one of the best investments you can make in order to enhance the quality of your translations, and thus your brand.