Multilingual Desktop Publishing
Translating a document is just one of the steps in the process of producing professional-looking multilingual content. Taking the translated text and manipulating it to mirror the format of the source language text is not trivial; it is best done by professional Desktop Publishing (DTP) Specialists who are trained in state-of-the-art publishing technology.
Interpro has been providing professional, complex multilingual publishing services since our founding in 1995, and our on-site DTP specialists have, on average, more than 16 years of experience working with translated materials in virtually every one of the most popular content authoring tools on the market. All Interpro desktop publishing services are delivered in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 and 17100:2015 standards.
Multilingual Desktop Publishing Workflow
Our methodology maximizes efficiency: we take your authoring tool’s native files and deliver to you fully translated and formatted native files, requiring absolutely no manipulation by your in-house writers, who, most likely, do not read the target language. The workflow is as follows:
- Receive source native files.
- Prepare source files for translation using Trados Studio Translation Memory.
- Translate, revise, proofread content – maintaining desktop publishing formatting.
- Convert translated Trados Studio files to native authoring file format.
- Desktop publish translated content.
- QA formatted content, comparing it against original to ensure identical formatting.
- Generate an Acrobat PDF of the translated document.
- Deliver translated native files and low-res Acrobat PDF files.
Our experts work to format translated text that can expand and contract, in addition to performing final quality assurance (QA) checks. Interpro's multilingual DTP services include:
- Reformatting pages to ensure the translated layout is as close as possible to the source language layout
- Reformatting pages to accommodate language expansion and shrinkage
- Localization of images containing translatable text
- Replacing source-language screen captures with screens captured from localized applications
- Generating indexes and tables of contents
- Updating cross-references
- Executing a final technical QA of the source and target language layout
- Executing a final linguistic QA of the source and target content side-by-side
- Generating high or low-resolution PDFs to be sent as deliverables along with the source application files
Interpro provides a full range of complex multilingual desktop publishing services for both PC and Mac by using the most popular content authoring, page layout, and graphics applications on the market. We offer multilingual desktop publishing services in all of the languages we translate into, including some of the most challenging languages to format, such as Arabic, Hebrew, and Thai.
As a localization agency dedicated to quality and service, we use the latest localization technologies to ensure that we deliver print-ready documents, ultimately saving your employees time so that they can focus on what they are best at. By employing filters that "protect" the native application's coding and tags that surround the source language document content, our translators can focus on their expertise: language translation. Working with files that maintain the desktop publishing application’s coding intact results in much faster, less error-prone, and thus more cost efficient reformatting process.
Turnkey Multilingual Desktop Publishing Services
Our deliverable will be a product that is professionally translated, formatted, and QA’d to match the source document format – ready to deploy immediately – leaving no additional work for you or your team to do. At Interpro, we want to work with you to design a solution that fits your needs and budget, and that allows for a seamless transition from source to target language documents.
We would be very happy to explore with you how our professional multilingual desktop publishing services can create efficiencies that will save time and budget, streamline the entire process, and at the same time enhance your brand through professionally translated and formatted content. Contact us today to find out how we can assist you with your next translation and multilingual desktop publishing project.